Monday, January 30, 2012

Reflective Experience

Connections. Those were the moments which caused my perception of time to freeze. I experienced sudden moments of clarity, as if a flip had been switched. I found myself united and appreciative of all that I heard, saw, and felt. There were three specific moments in which this happened during the weekend. I posted specifically about them in my other blog (Beneath the Lampost) in an entry titled stopped in my tracks.


The first two "stops" reminded me of an immediate recognition of the natural beauty of the world and my a part in it. Those two moments felt like gifts that slowed down time and gave me a chance to breathe. I was a part of something much larger than myself and I was privileged to be there.

The third "stop" was while in a classroom with my brothers from Kappa Kappa Psi as we waited for a meeting on Sunday. In that room, I felt joined to a community of friends on a deeper level than I can name or explain. I may not have always agreed with them but they are a part of who I have become and will always hold a place in my heart. They, for the longest time, were my connection to humanity instead of sitting with my nose in a book all the time. 

From doing this exercise, I have learned that one of the things that I naturally seek out in life is peaceful connection. I like feeling as though I am a part of something larger than myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment