Tuesday, April 17, 2012

write up for second-half project.


Stepping Stones: tips and practices to get across the puddles of life (working title)

We as a fast-paced culture are constantly looking for a quick fix to whatever ails us. From medication to new age alternative cures, want someone to give us the answers and to make every solution sound simple.

The marketing and writing worlds answered this need with the creation of a new (not really) genre: Self Help.

I have noticed, from my own reading and commentary on the subject, that often these self-help manuals take various religious or cultural traditions and re-package them for a broader audience.

For my next paper/project in WWPP I want to work with this subject and see if I can possibly create my own self-help manual using my knowledge from religious studies and examples that are provided by every other writer in the genre.


How I’m going to do it:

It will be my goals to each week write one or two entries on different aspects of the self-help genre. Each of these entries will be then expanded (hopefully) and compiled to create my own abbreviated self-help manual.

Subjects I could write on for this book include- various forms of meditation, yoga, prayer, law of attraction, self-actualization, organization, vision boards, the list could go on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment